Peter Maguire from Ridgeline HR joined us to cover various situations that businesses may be facing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Stand down vs Redundancy – What’s the difference?
- A business has been shut down due to government restrictions.
- A business remains open, however experiences a severe drop in revenue.
- A staff member has been in contact with a potential COVID-19 case or is experiencing cold/flu like symptoms, but still wants to work.
- We can continue to operate but we will need to implement reductions in hours or wages.
- We have to have redundancies.
Employment Hero have put together the below PDF which summarises some of the key takeaways from the Peter’s presentation.